Era of Change: Today’s Healthcare Consumer
New Report Reveals Patient Preferences and Expectations in an Age of Digital Transformation
The 21st century healthcare consumer is ready for emerging innovative services such as online scheduling, virtual care and medical image sharing.
A wide-ranging report from Ambra Health reveals how technology— and the convenience it affords—is driving the way we select healthcare providers, manage our health records, and access diagnostic data.
Findings from the study revealed:
- A whopping 97% of healthcare consumers are familiar with cloud technology and have an opinion about it
- Despite the tech savvy awareness of today’s healthcare consumer, 1 in 3 still can not easily access their medical records online
- 57% of patients still had to use CDs to transfer diagnostic data like medical images and 44% said that process took a day or more to complete
Healthcare Consumer’s Expectations in the Digital Era:
- Access to all health information from the web.
- Innovation that goes beyond just having a patient portal and accomodates online tracking for dependent health records.
- Simplified uploads of previous medical imaging and easy sharing to physicians for second opinion or specialist consult.
- Patient friendly diagnostic imaging reports and more engagement with radiology
The online survey was conducted in Q2 of 2017by Toluna Group on behalf of Ambra Health among 1,136 U.S. respondents over the age of 18 who have received medical imaging services.
< Go back to Resources